[erlang-questions] Copy of mnesia tables from a node to a another node without linkage

Greg Burri greg.burri@REDACTED
Sat Jul 26 00:00:13 CEST 2008

Hi everybody.

I want to copy some tables from a node to an another and I want to
keep the nodes independent.

I have some data in production and I want to upgrade the modules in
production but before that I have to make some preproduction tests
with the production data (without destroying my production data :o]).

This "how-to" : http://www.trapexit.org/Distributing_a_Mnesia_schema
works great but obviously theses nodes are linked...

I try to use mnesia:backup() in the production node and then
mnesia:restore() to the preproduction node but it doesn't work. The
saved data are linked to the first node.

Does anyone have an idea about this ?

TIA

/Greg