[erlang-questions] Inets application unstarted.

Andreas Hillqvist andreas.hillqvist@REDACTED
Tue Jul 22 07:46:05 CEST 2008

Hi Brian.

I belive that the pice missing from the puzzel is a Boot Script, that
should start the application in a correct order acording to each
applications dependencies:
http://www.erlang.org/doc/system_principles/system_principles.html#1.3

The simple way to make an boot script is to use a release resource file:
http://www.erlang.org/doc/man/rel.html

To use your boot file:
    >erl -boot Your_Boot_Script.boot
Or
    >erl -boot_var $App_Path/Your_Boot_Script.boot

To summeries, I belive it should be sufficent for your use:
 * create a release resource file
 * create a boot script from your resource file
 * use your boot script when starting erlang

Pleas feel free to comment and/or add any additional comments.

Kind regards
Andreas Hillqvist