[erlang-questions] Are you using {packet, http} ?

Sverker Eriksson sverker@REDACTED
Fri Jul 18 16:26:31 CEST 2008

Paulo Sérgio Almeida wrote:
> As you are making it official, here is something you may consider as
> well, if not now, maybe for a future version: supporting the "binary"
> option. As it is now, the binary option is ignored [...]

I suppose you mean to return the same http-tuples but with binaries
instead of lists for the string values.
One problem here is backward compatibility (again). At least Yaws is
already using the combination [binary,{packet,http}]. We could of course
argue our right to change an undocumented feature, but is it worth it?
Maybe a new {packet, http_bin} is a future solution even though using
the binary option could be more elegant.

/Sverker, Erlang/OTP Ericsson