[erlang-questions] [erlang-bugs] Erlang on Windows NT4

doug mansell doug.mansell@REDACTED
Mon Jul 14 12:24:31 CEST 2008

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 11:35 AM, Sebastian Egner <s.egner@REDACTED> wrote:
> Now if R11B-5 will be the last version to support Windows NT4, we have a
> very serious problem with
> Erlang/OTP---in particular, because two significant bugs ('ic'
> generating unusable code and Erlinterface
> not being able to communicate 0.0 correctly) that I had reported in
> R11B-5 are only fixed in R12B,
> which came out 5-Dec-2007 and doesn't run on NT4 anymore (as I was
> surprised to learn today).
>
> What advice would you give me on this situation?

Look into how you would patch R12B to avoid the use of GetLongPathName.

Or... try taking the ic app from R12B back to R11B - that should be
easy enough to try.  I've never used Erlinterface, so can't offer
advice with that.

doug