[erlang-questions] Problem with connection via ODBC

Gleb Peregud gleber.p@REDACTED
Mon Jul 14 11:14:40 CEST 2008

2008/7/14 camui <camuig@REDACTED>:
> Dear Erlang Team!
>
> I have a problem with connection to the remote database via ODBC in Erlang.
>
> 1> odbc:connect("DSN=pg", [{scrollable_cursors, off}]).
> {error,{{badmatch,{error,eafnosupport}},
> [{odbc,init,1},{gen_server,init_it,6},{proc_lib,init_p,5}]}}
>
> The database is located on another machine in the local network.
> I have tried to connect to this database in the OpenOffice Base (using ODBC)
> and there are no problems. And I had not any troubles with connection in
> Erlang on the machine where database is located.
>
> May you help me, please?
>
> Andrey.

Hi,

Quick search about "eafnosupport" (which, as can be read from this
error log, is the error "code") reveals:

"This is an error you get when you try to connect(2) or bind(2) a
socket to an address where that address doesn't make sense. "

and

"Either way the programmer screwed up."

So it may be bug in ODBC or i are using it in a wrong way :)

--
Gleb Peregud
http://gleber.pl/

Every minute is to be grasped.