[erlang-questions] Reference counting instead of GC?

Thomas Lindgren thomasl_erlang@REDACTED
Fri Jul 4 01:13:45 CEST 2008

--- On Thu, 7/3/08, Alpár Jüttner <alpar@REDACTED> wrote:
> Could you tell me where can I find some info about these
> modes? The erl
> manual doesn't even list the -shared and the -hybrid
> switches.

The authors are probably the ultimate sources. I don't know of any official documentation.

> In fact, my idea was to have a special (low priority)
> process in the
> emulator taking care of the unused terms. In this way the
> dropping of
> big data could be automatically postponed if there are
> "more urgent"
> things to do.

You will still get a form of priority inversion if the collector can't keep up with the mutator. But best of luck with your project, it sounds like an interesting topic to attack.

Best,
Thomas