[erlang-questions] how: info on how to traverse abstract format trees?

Thomas Lindgren thomasl_erlang@REDACTED
Thu Jul 3 17:51:14 CEST 2008

--- On Tue, 6/24/08, Tim Fletcher <twoggle@REDACTED> wrote:

> I'm just checking to see if there might be some
> recommended/documented
> way of doing such a traversal. Trying to work it out from
> parse
> transform code directly is a bit intimidating (which is why
> frabjous
> is very appealing).

Personally, I've always tended to write my own, among other things because the appropriate traversal differs depending on what you want to do. But the erlang distribution itself includes a few hints:

* erl_id_trans.erl contains a skeleton parse transform
* The syntax_tools application provides some stuff you may like
* I think the abstract forms format is documented somewhere too

Best,
Thomas