[erlang-questions] Project volunteers

Joe Armstrong erlang@REDACTED
Wed Jul 2 10:05:10 CEST 2008

I've been thinking. I think what I'd like to do it follow the approach
described in http://users.softlab.ece.ntua.gr/~ttsiod/buildWikipediaOffline.html
doing as much as possible in Erlang. This will be a good test of my
Erlang toolset. Then I'll rewrite the rendering pipeline.

Then I'd like to play with coutchDB to store the index and derived
dataset obtained
by parsing the page dumps.

The *real* wikipedia has a complex data model  described at
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Database_layout

It would be very interesting to see what this looks like in a
schema-free Key->TypedTuple
data store.

This problem is interesting to me - because the data volumes are large and the
content is reasonable quality.

Cheers

/Joe Armstrong

--
fra@REDACTED; ingvar.akesson@REDACTED

[Kopia av detta meddelande skickas till FRA för övervakningsändamål.
De vill ju ändå läsa min e-post.]

[A copy of this mail has been sent to
FRA for monitoring purposes. FRA wants to read all my e-mail and have
been allowed to do by the Swedish parliment - in violation of article
12 of the UN Universal Declaration of Human Rights]