[erlang-questions] Project volunteers

Richard A. O'Keefe ok@REDACTED
Tue Jul 1 05:41:35 CEST 2008

On 30 Jun 2008, at 9:50 pm, Joe Armstrong wrote:
> Make an offline stand-alone version of the wikipedia for places
> without internet access.

We have the Wikipedia data as part of the INEX project.
Much of the volume is images, I believe.
I don't understand why an offline version wouldn't just
be a snapshot of the data converted to (X)HTML + images
to be used with any web browser one fancies.

The two interesting bits might be
- compression; space = time = battery use
- searching (but there are N free IR systems out there,
   notably Zettair)