[erlang-questions] Erlang Debugging Problems

Russell King masterofquestions@REDACTED
Thu Jan 24 15:01:22 CET 2008

1)
when you compile modules with debug_info & smart_exceptions together,
smart_exceptions doesn't work. Why is that?

My emakefile:
%smart_exceptions works when I don't inlcude debug_info
{"./*", [{parse_transform,smart_exceptions}, {outdir, "ebin"}]}.
%smart_exceptons doesn't work when you include debug_info
%{"./*", [{debug_info,parse_transform,smart_exceptions}, {outdir, "ebin"}]}.

2)
Is there a way to turn off error messages appearing in erl shell?  At the
moment, I have error messages going to syslog and erl shell.  I just want to
turn off errors appearing in the shell.  Is there a way to do this?

3)
I have been using erlang debugger trace and contents get dumped to a file.
But you get into situation where your application hangs and in that case I
don't see the contents in the debugger trace dump file.  Is there a way to
force flush the buffer on an time interval, on every call to a
function(module/line), or decrease the buffer size, so that when the buffer
is full, it get flushed?

thanks, debugging erlang is frustrating.  Waiting for Eclipse Debugger.