[erlang-questions] running sample progs for MGC and MG

Maxim Treskin zerthurd@REDACTED
Thu Jan 24 11:55:33 CET 2008

On 24/01/2008, J Bhanot <j.bhanot@REDACTED> wrote:

> Hi Maxim,
>
> I was using putty from my local windows machine to connect to linux server
> and then running this sample application.....
>
> but when i ran this script from linux sever itself (FC8)....it did show
> MGC GUI...
>
> now it want to display GUI from my local windows machine running this appl
> on putty...for this i am trying to download an interface b/w linux and
> windows i.e
>
> ReflectionX
>
> hoping that it would open the GUI from my local windows m/c....

You have two way:
 1) Install X server on your windows machine, start it, then set DISPLAY
variable on linux station to "your_windows_addr:x_display", where
your_windows_addr is network address of machine and x_display is display
number of X server
 2) Do not run megaco_filter process. In this case you can see megaco
messages on console, not in GUI.

Second question is that -  I am looking into erl_interface library

> now when you say atleast one erlang node should be running ...do you mean
> that anyways i will have to use Erlang in building some application ( Start
> Media Gateway Controller) and then if i want to start Media Gateway ....i
> can use my C application to start it and then making MG communicate with MGW
> via erl_interface library using C....

At least one erlang node should be started for MGC and one node for each MG.
Also you must write pice of code in erlang to handle megaco messages. The
easiest way is learn Erlang OTP, and write whole application on this
platform. You can write low-level part of application on C/C++, but it is
impossible to write high-level part, megaco messaging, on other language,
not Erlang.

Actually, i am bit hazy about this at this moment...

> Could you kindly throw more light on that...
>
> Appreciate your help...
>
> Many Thanks,
> jb

---