[erlang-questions] determining what erts version a .beam was compiled with

Logan, Martin Martin.Logan@REDACTED
Thu Jan 24 00:21:01 CET 2008

Interesting - I see the point about the compiler version being more salient than the erts vsn.  The problem is other parts of my system depend on the erts vsn - perhaps in error.  I need to think about this.  Thanks for the info.

Cheers,
Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: erlang-questions-bounces@REDACTED [mailto:erlang-questions-bounces@REDACTED] On Behalf Of Bengt Kleberg
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2008 1:02 AM
Cc: erlang-questions@REDACTED
Subject: Re: [erlang-questions] determining what erts version a .beam was compiled with

beam_lib:chunks/2 works for me:

3> ls().
be_lib.beam
ok
4> beam_lib:chunks( "be_lib.beam", [compile_info]).
{ok,{be_lib,
         [{compile_info,
              [{options,
                   [{cwd,"/home/dev_patches"},
                    {outdir,"/home/dev_patches"}]},
               {version,"4.3.7"},
               {time,{2005,8,22,15,2,36}},
               {source,"/home/dev_patches/be_lib.erl"}]}]}}
5>

bengt
Those were the days...
    EPO guidelines 1978: "If the contribution to the known art resides
    solely in a computer program then the subject matter is not
    patentable in whatever manner it may be presented in the claims."