[erlang-questions] determining what erts version a .beam was compiled with

Lennart Öhman Lennart.Ohman@REDACTED
Wed Jan 23 00:18:00 CET 2008

I believe there is a version attribute in the module_info tag 'compile'
telling at least the version of the compiler application used. I guess
this is actually more accurate since it must be for which beam object
code has been generated that is of interest. Not necessarily which
runtime system was used when compiling.
But I further guess that you must inspect this information using some
beam_lib function, because otherwise you must call the module_info
function and that means you have to load the module. But if it is
incompatible (younger than) to your runtime system at hand, that can
be difficult.

Best Regards
Lennart

Lennart Öhman                   phone   : +46-8-587 623 27
Sjöland & Thyselius Telecom AB  cellular: +46-70-552 6735
Hälsingegatan 43, 10th floor    fax     : +46-8-667 8230
SE-113 31 STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN     email   : lennart.ohman@REDACTED