[erlang-questions] OT: Re: help: Erlang MIDI driver for MAC OS X

Robert Raschke rrerlang@REDACTED
Mon Jan 21 16:37:53 CET 2008

> On Jan 21, 2008 9:29 AM, Joe Armstrong <erlang@REDACTED> wrote:
>> ... so why why why^10 is this not the standard way of interfacing
>> things together?
>>
>> In the last twenty years all we seem to have done is make simple
>> problems almost impossibly difficult
>
> Joe, unfortunately I can't help you with your issue, but your post
> made me think of a favorite quote:
>
> "Those who don't understand UNIX are doomed to reinvent it, poorly."
> --Henry Spencer

Has anyone ever looked into porting Erlang to Plan 9?  Or potentially,
is someone maybe looking into support for writing 9P file servers?
These two are high on my list, if I ever had any energy left after the
day job.

Robby