[erlang-questions] erlang jungerl make and make lama app failure

Russell King masterofquestions@REDACTED
Fri Jan 11 01:38:38 CET 2008

Hey guys, I have a few questions to ask about jungerl and erlang in general.

Question 1:
I am using emakefile, how do I get "erlang make" to move the
./src/some.app file to ebin?

My Emakefile:
{"./src/*", [debug_info, {outdir, "ebin"}, {i,"include"}]}.

This only moves the beam file to ebin.

Question 2:
I have added "config /absolute/path/to/elog2." after the calling both
change directory to another path2 and start_sasl into the file .erlang
file.  However the log file never get created and erl shell starts up
fine with sasl application and it doesn't spit out any errors.  If I
start the erl shell like: erl -boot start_sasl -config
/absolute/path/to/elog2, it does create the file.

Question 3:
I am trying to install "lama" app in jungerl.  I tried making the
whole jungerl and just lama app.  But it doesn't seem to work.

[russ@REDACTED jungerl]$ touch lib/ssh/SKIP
[russ@REDACTED jungerl]$ touch lib/rdbms/SKIP
[russ@REDACTED jungerl]$ make

./tcp_serv.erl:142: Warning: variable 'Reason' is unused
./tcp_serv.erl:154: Warning: variable 'DebugInfo' is unused
./tcp_serv.erl:154: Warning: variable 'Parent' is unused
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/russ/jungerl/lib/xmlrpc/src'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/russ/jungerl/lib/xmlrpc'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/russ/jungerl/lib'

I don't get any beam file in ./jungerl/ebin or
./jungerl/lib/app_name/ebin, after I do make.

I also tried to compile just one app "lama" that I need .  This is not
working either.

[russ@REDACTED jungerl]$ make conf ./lib/lama
(cd config; make)
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/russ/jungerl/config'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/russ/jungerl/config'
make: Nothing to be done for `lib/lama'.

I am running erlang 5.5.5 otp_src_R11B-5..  Checked out the latest
jungerl code from sourceforge.

Thank you in advance.
russ