[erlang-questions] Securely running code on an untrusted client

Bengt Kleberg bengt.kleberg@REDACTED
Tue Jan 8 08:27:19 CET 2008

travis,

if you want to let an untrusted client compute something for you it
sounds like SETI@REDACTED this is what they say about the problem:
''We send out each work unit multiple times in order to make sure that
the data is processed correctly''

ie you have several untrusted clients (that do not collaborate) that get
the same data and then you check their answers.

this will not protect you from the client copying your data.

bengt
Those were the days...
    EPO guidelines 1978: "If the contribution to the known art resides
    solely in a computer program then the subject matter is not
    patentable in whatever manner it may be presented in the claims."