[erlang-questions] Speeding up text file I/O

Florian Weimer fw@REDACTED
Mon Jan 7 23:03:45 CET 2008

* Dmitrii Dimandt:

> As a matter of fact, there is. It is possible to do up to 20 MB/s
> using Erlang only.

Interesting, I get about ~29 MB/s from that code (with the find_8
variant posted by Per).

Unfortunately, changing the handle to { NextF, Buffer, Pos }, where Pos
is the current read position in Buffer, does not change running time by
much.  I assumed this might reduce garbage collection overhead.  (I
think the toy benchmark is now mostly at the stage where GC peformance
is measured.)