[erlang-questions] Checking for FPE on glibc 2.7

Sergei Golovan sgolovan@REDACTED
Tue Jan 1 21:32:36 CET 2008

On 1/1/08, Mikael Pettersson <mikpe@REDACTED> wrote:

> Something like the patch below perhaps?

The patch looks better than which I currently use in Debian unstable
(where I'm sure that X86_FXSR_MAGIC is undefined, so I don't check if
it's defined). Thanks!

> I've tested it on Linux i386 with glibc-2.3.6 (FC4), glibc-2.4 (FC5), and
> glibc-2.5 (FC6). In all cases R12B-0 built and worked Ok, and enabled FP
> exceptions and HiPE.

I'll try it on Debian sid with glibc 2.7

> I don't have immediate access to glibc-2.6 or glibc-2.7 systems, but if I
> get confirmation that R12B-0 plus this patch builds and works on those,
> and that FP exceptions and HiPE remain enabled, then I'd be inclined to
> add the patch to R12B-1. To avoid breaking older systems, the
> #include <asm/sigcontext.h> can be conditional on glibc < 2.4 or so.

asm/sigcontext.h is included via bits/sigcontext.h which is included
via signal.h (in Debian etch with glibc 2.3), so it's not necessary to
include asm/sigcontext.h for testing FPE. But it's unclear for me if
it should be included in sys_float.c (I can't find direct include of
signal.h).

> Is the glibc-2.7 problem Debian specific? I seem to recall seeing reports
> that R12B-0 works Ok on the glibc-2.7 based F8.

It works OK in Debian too. But without HiPE.

--
Sergei Golovan