[erlang-questions] newbie: why c.erl is special?

Anthony Kong anthony.hw.kong@REDACTED
Fri Feb 29 23:34:57 CET 2008

Hi,

For some testing purpose, I have written some erlang code in a file c.erl.

I can compile the code using erlc alright. But then whenever I start
erl, I got these error:

$ erl
Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 5.6 [source] [async-threads:0] [hipe]
[kernel-poll:false]

{"init terminating in
do_boot",{undef,[{c,erlangrc,[]},{init,eval_script,7},{init,do_boot,3}]}}

Crash dump was written to: erl_crash.dump
init terminating in do_boot ()

If I rename c.erl to something else, the problem goes away.

What is special about "-module(c)" ?

Cheers, Anthony

--
/*--*/
Don't EVER make the mistake that you can design something better than

- Linus Torvalds