[erlang-questions] loop over ets table in serialized manner with gen_fsm

db masterofquestions@REDACTED
Fri Feb 22 18:26:38 CET 2008

What I need is to loop over ets table in serialized fashion.

I am thinking of using ets table with gen_fsm to work together.  gen_fsm
will have 3 state: first, next, last.  This way I can serialize the access
to ets table and ets record navigation is looped over.

When an an event happens(method 1),  I need to get ets record and send it
back to the requester.

or requester will send a message(method2), in which case, gen_fsm should get
ets record and send it back to the requester.

does gen_fms allow you to send message(ets record) back to the requester.
Any alternatives I can look into?

--
rk

That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do; not that the
nature of the thing itself is changed, but that our power to do is
increased.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson