[erlang-questions] Strings as Lists

Hynek Vychodil vychodil.hynek@REDACTED
Wed Feb 13 07:36:16 CET 2008

On Feb 13, 2008 5:00 AM, Zvi <exta7@REDACTED> wrote:

> Still there is a need for standard string datatype, which will be good for
> 90% of uses and it should be accepted by all standard libs.
> I reperesent strings as binaries, and my code become much more verbose
> (almost unreadable), i.e using:
> * <<"ABC">>, instead of "ABC"

You can do it only because ISO-8859-1 is enough for you. Your code will be
crap for me, because I would not use it! One char not equal to one byte,
remeber it! List is best solution for all non english world, because one
list element equals to one char. If you want make onelingual programs,
continue in your practise. God save you.

--
--Hynek (Pichi) Vychodil