[erlang-questions] large Erlang clusters

Matt Williamson dawsdesign@REDACTED
Sun Aug 17 05:00:50 CEST 2008

If you check out net_ticktime in the kernel_app docs, (you can set it with
net_kernel:set_net_ticktime/1,2), you'll see:

"Once every TickTime/4 second, all connected nodes are ticked (if anything
else has been written to a node) and if nothing has been received from
another node within the last four (4) tick times that node is considered to
be down..."

The default ticktime is 60s, meaning a ping every 15 seconds.