[erlang-questions] large Erlang clusters

Serge Aleynikov saleyn@REDACTED
Sat Aug 16 23:24:12 CEST 2008

I suppose that the problem with the max number of sockets is solved by
tweaking session limits (ulimit) and using kernel poll (+K true).

As I understand, in a 600 node cluster every node will maintain
connections to the rest 599 nodes, and send periodic pings.  So, that
pinging overhead would be something in the order of 10 events per second
  per node in this configuration.  While the number doesn't seem
intimidating I wonder if that overhead becomes noticeable in large
network configurations and if there are any other guidelines that help
architect such large network clusters to keep background load minimal.

Serge