[erlang-questions] Amazon S3 and SQS implemenation in Erlang

atomly atomly-erl@REDACTED
Sat Aug 16 01:31:19 CEST 2008

[Jon Singler <jonsingler@REDACTED>]
> What you're looking for doesn't exist and can't exist. You're asking
> for something "simple" that is also "reliable (with replication
> support)" for storing huge numbers of huge files. Any system that is
> the latter cannot possibly be the former. Asking for it to be free as
> well is really pushing beyond the bounds of reality.

I wouldn't say this is true.  I mean, you are obviously going to have to
make some tradeoffs, but there is a lot of work being done these days to
solve almost this exact problem. Dynamo does almost exactly this, for
example, and there are several efforts to make open source clones of it.

Having said that, I think S3 is perfect for the job.

--
:: atomly ::

[ atomly@REDACTED : www.atomly.com ...
[ atomiq records : new york city : +1.917.442.9450 ...
[ e-mail atomly-news-subscribe@REDACTED for atomly info and updates ...