[erlang-questions] Dialyser fails on erlsom

Jean-Charles Campagne jc.campagne@REDACTED
Fri Aug 15 23:31:52 CEST 2008

On Aug 15, 2008, at 13:18 , Tobias Lindahl wrote:
> Jean-Charles Campagne wrote:
>> Hello,
>> Is anyone experiencing issue with dialyzer analysing the erlsom
>> beam ?
>> For instance, I get something like :
>>    $ dialyzer --build_plt -r $ERL_TOP/lib/
>>    Could not compute md5 for file: /opt/local/lib/erlang/lib/
>> erlsom-1.2.1/ebin/erlsom.beam
>>    dialyzer: Internal problems were encountered in the analysis.
>> I tried to look around for some info... but no luck...
>> Is this a known issue ?
> I agree that the error message is not very helpful.
> The md5 is built from the abstract code which is generated when the
> compile
> option +debug_info is given. My guess is that the erlsom files are
> built without
> this option. If you want to include the erlsom in the analysis it
> needs to
> compiled with +debug_info anyway, not just to compute the md5.

Thanks for the info Tobias.
Indeed I did changed to Makefile appropriately with +debug_info
option for compilation and dialyzer suceeded.

On Aug 15, 2008, at 12:27 , Kostis Sagonas wrote:
> Can you please send me the complete tar ball of erlsom-1.2.1 ?
> (I need both the ebin & src dirs)

Thanks for your help Kostis, but I guess it's okay now :-)

Cheers,
JCC