[erlang-questions] Can we ask this question to a distributed hash ?

atomly atomly-erl@REDACTED
Mon Aug 11 23:09:52 CEST 2008

[Jim McCoy <jim.mccoy@REDACTED>]
> Do you want to answer the question with an absolute yes or no, or is a
> probabalistic answer good enough?
>
> If the latter, then you need to do some research into "bloom filters".
> If your dht supports deletion then you will probably want a counted
> bloom filter, and if the dht is very large or network bandwidth is
> constrained you will want to examine compressed bloom filters as well.

And if you're looking for an implementation of a Bloom Filter in Erlang,
you can check out this one:

http://code.google.com/p/bloomerl/

--
:: atomly ::

[ atomly@REDACTED : www.atomly.com ...
[ atomiq records : new york city : +1.917.442.9450 ...
[ e-mail atomly-news-subscribe@REDACTED for atomly info and updates ...