[erlang-questions] Naive questions about jinterface

Vlad Dumitrescu vladdu55@REDACTED
Mon Aug 11 15:55:13 CEST 2008

Hi,

On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 14:11, Dmitrii Dimandt <dmitriid@REDACTED> wrote:
> I'm trying to get jinterface to erlang and back, but I'm lost a bit.
>
> I've followed this excellent introductory article: http://www.theserverside.com/tt/articles/article.tss?l=IntegratingJavaandErlang
>  and everything works as described.
>
> However, I can't figure out how to connect to Java servernode from
> erlang.

Java nodes (like C nodes) implement hidden nodes, so they won't be
seen in the nodes() list. net_adm:ping/1 should return 'pong' if
everything is set up properly (same cookie, etc).

> BTW, is there an article that describes the more advanced stuff like
> mailboxes, statuses etc.?

None that I am aware of. Me, I found the javadoc informative enough.

best regards,
Vlad