[erlang-questions] Open source licenses, which one to choose

Robert Virding rvirding@REDACTED
Wed Apr 9 00:16:53 CEST 2008

Hello everyone,

I will soon be releasing the next version of LFE (Lisp Flavoured Erlang).
With the last version I got some flak for my "license" and I am now
wondering which license to use? GPL seems common among other Erlang
projects, but how does this fit together with the normal Erlang license? The
Freebsd license is short enough so even I can understand but is it valid. I
have no interest in selling* LFE or prohibiting its use, I just want to make
sure I receive credit for my work and that no one "steals" it in that
respect. I nice courteous we are using would also be nice, good for the ego.

What do people think?

Robert

* As if anyone would buy it. :-)