[erlang-questions] Vector instructions

Thomas Lindgren thomasl_erlang@REDACTED
Tue Apr 8 13:15:14 CEST 2008

--- jm <jeffm@REDACTED> wrote:
> Where would you recommend starting? Any good
> references on parallel
> vector and matrix operations/algorithms?

I think Golub and Van Loan is a good point to get
going, though the field itself is vast. Also, take a
look at Fortran 90:s array syntax and how it is
compiled. (Matlab is probably similar.)

By the way, I also think it's quite feasible to
compile a suitable Erlang-like sublanguage (with
aligned binaries) into native-speed, native-space C
code, including the use of SIMD/vector intrinsics.

(Integration with the regular Erlang VM is another
issue :-)

Best,
Thomas