[erlang-questions] gen_server call and reply

Christian S chsu79@REDACTED
Wed Sep 19 13:46:08 CEST 2007

Yes, im incorrent if you interpret my statement that way.  :) I don't
blame you, reading it again as carefully then I misinterpret myself
too.

I just wanted to point out that if you spawn a process to
gen_server:reply/2 from, you have independent processes and thus order
between anything the server does and anything the spawned process do
is undefined. Therefore it must be
irrelevant if gen_server:reply happens after or before the gen_server
returns a no reply.