[erlang-questions] This seems an unfair benchmark

Hugh Perkins hughperkins@REDACTED
Fri Sep 7 00:57:40 CEST 2007

On 9/7/07, Zac Brown <zac@REDACTED> wrote:

>  I think I'm less irritated with the inaccurate results than I am with the
> fact that "method invocation" has suddenly become equivalent to
> multi-threading/parallel execution.
>
>  Odd how simple it is to bend our tests to our whim eh?

Presumably the issue is that the tests were on a single-core system,
where true threading doesnt give any speed advantage?

If one tested on a 64-core system, presumably the Erlang solution
would be obviously better, and the other solutions would need to use
threading too to get somewhere close?