[erlang-questions] Stand Alone Erlang or Equivalent

Toby DiPasquale codeslinger@REDACTED
Wed Sep 5 21:25:42 CEST 2007

On 9/5/07, Bob Ippolito <bob@REDACTED> wrote:
> I don't buy it. I never see files distributed online as a single
> ".exe" file unless it's an installer. More often it's either as a zip
> or a msi, either of which will carry multi-file payloads just fine.

IME, most of those times, the ".exe" is a CAB file with a
self-extracting header, anyway, which is another multi-file archive
format from Microsoft. Almost all non-trivial applications today have
multiple files that need to be distributed and installed, so I'm
personally with Bob on this one. On the other hand, I do have to say
that py2exe is great and easy to work with, especially for a
non-Windows guy like myself. Having something like this for Erlang
wouldn't suck.

--
Toby DiPasquale