[erlang-questions] how: can I get live keyboard input in the Erlang shell?

Joe Armstrong erlang@REDACTED
Fri Oct 26 20:02:54 CEST 2007

There we go, I'm using my subject line tagging

Once upon a long time ago I knew how to do this (I wrote the code) -
but it was a long time ago
and the code has probably been rewritten many times. Is there a
defined way of doing this?

It would be nice to turn echoing off (say for inputting passwords) and
respond to *every* character.
While we're at it it would be nice to use curses commands to move the
cursor round the terminal.

Is this possible or do I have to rewrite the terminal IO ?

/Joe