[erlang-questions] erlang api documentation

Håkan Stenholm hokan.stenholm@REDACTED
Wed Oct 24 21:59:49 CEST 2007

Kenneth Lundin wrote:
> Hi again
>
> I have plans to improve the doc's in the direction you ask for.
> I am also considering using Javascript in a similar way as used in the
> previously
> mentioned http://gotapi.com.
> But I think it is still a requirement that the doc's can be downloaded
> and browsed
> locally without the need for having a web-server running.
Being able to use the docs when the network is down is kind of useful ...

You might also want to consider keeping the docs print friendly,
so that one can easily print various chapters and module documents.
> I think it
> would be ok to
> require a browser with javascript capabilities (we already require
> javascript when it
> comes to links between applications)
>
> The suggested approach in summary:
> - Stop using frames, Use CSS instead for the layout
> - Nicer fonts
> - Use Javascript to achieve expandable tree view navigation to the left
> - Search as you type support (also with Javascript) similar as gotapi.com

Sounds reasonable and useful.