[erlang-questions] erlang api documentation

Frank Blecha frank.blecha@REDACTED
Wed Oct 24 22:17:10 CEST 2007

comments inline

On 10/24/07, Kenneth Lundin <kenneth.lundin@REDACTED> wrote:

> Hi again
>
> I have plans to improve the doc's in the direction you ask for.
> I am also considering using Javascript in a similar way as used in the
> previously
> mentioned http://gotapi.com.
> But I think it is still a requirement that the doc's can be downloaded
> and browsed
> locally without the need for having a web-server running.

[fb3] it'd be nicer for travel at any rate.

> I think it
> would be ok to
> require a browser with javascript capabilities (we already require
> javascript when it
> comes to links between applications)
>
> The suggested approach in summary:
> - Stop using frames, Use CSS instead for the layout
> - Nicer fonts
> - Use Javascript to achieve expandable tree view navigation to the left

[fb3] this is the main thing I want.  I don't care if it's on the left (like
Javadocs) or at the top (like ruby docs), I just would like something
similar, if possible.  Right now the docs are very "unix man page" style,
which is great when I'm on unix and I have grep, but a bit less useful when
I'm on windows (which is my primary platform).

I appreciate someone addressing this, and I realize that I haven't offered
to help.  If there's anything I can do, let me know.

- Frank

- Search as you type support (also with Javascript) similar as gotapi.com

--
Frank Blecha