[erlang-questions] Design methodology going from Object oriented to functional programming?

Alexander Lamb alexander.lamb@REDACTED
Mon Oct 22 16:19:00 CEST 2007

Thanks,

I had obviously totally overlooked the processes aspect!

So, for example in a session-full web application, the initial
logical step would be to define one process per connected user and
see if in addition to that some other services could be made
concurrent by adding processes. The supervision tree is less clear
for me, especially in a web application. I suppose if you distribute
processes on several nodes, you want to make sure the connected user
process is notified in case of a problem and the faulty process gets
restarted somewhere.

Related to this, I will also have some questions about fault
tolerance, but this will be the subject of another mail.

Alex

--
Alexander Lamb
Founding Associate