[erlang-questions] Microsoft developer vision - functional programming

Zvi exta7@REDACTED
Sat Oct 20 17:39:30 CEST 2007

this would work if all the data stored in the global VM heap, but in Erlang
b/c of Soft Real-Time constraint, each process has it's own heap, so you
can't just pass pointer to object from another process' heap, which can be
garbage collected any time.
 Erlang have some optimizations, for large binaries, which are stored in the
global heap, and using reference counting for garbage collection.

Zvi