[erlang-questions] Erlang and the Amazon Elastic Computing Cloud

Joel Reymont joelr1@REDACTED
Sat Oct 13 19:11:31 CEST 2007

On Oct 13, 2007, at 6:04 PM, Roberto Saccon wrote:

> Great article !

Thanks!

> Have you found a way around the DHCP initialization
> issue ("operating system high resolution timer"  error) when starting
> the Erlang VM at OS startup ?

I believe it only happens on Ubuntu Feisty. I think someone told me
this. We haven't found a workaround, though.

What OS do you run?

> But for regular application updates the approach
> as described by Joel is better suited, because it takes just too long
> to build an OS image, even automated.

I have yet to write the more interesting article :-). It will begin
like this...

"Bowing to the OTP application packaging procedure, I wanted to have
a way of upgrading applications with a "push of a button". More
precisely, I wanted to be able to type make:all() to rebuild my
application and then type sync:all() to push updated modules to all
nodes in my cluster."

Yes, that also involves Amazon and EC2 but is applicable to any other
scenario.

	Joel

--
http://wagerlabs.com