[erlang-questions] Erlang and the Amazon Elastic Computing Cloud

Roberto Saccon rsaccon@REDACTED
Sat Oct 13 19:04:02 CEST 2007

Great article ! Have you found a way around the DHCP initialization
issue ("operating system high resolution timer"  error) when starting
the Erlang VM at OS startup ? I observed that error, which always
resulted in a coredump  on all OS I tried on EC2. To prevent it I just
while-loop in a shell script  trying to start the VM, with some sleep
between the attempts.

btw. for anybody interested in Erlang on EC2, I have a script to build
and configure an OS image for EC2, need to sort out some minor issues
before releasing it. But for regular application updates the approach
as described by Joel is better suited, because it takes just too long
to build an OS image, even automated.

--
Roberto Saccon
http://rsaccon.com