[erlang-questions] Surprising conclusion in Parallel programming environments: less is more?

Garry Hodgson garry@REDACTED
Thu Oct 4 20:30:54 CEST 2007

ok <ok@REDACTED> wrote:

> That article basically says:
>    (fact) if you give people too many kinds of jam to choose from,
>           they will choose less jam.  (All the examples of this kind
>           presented in the article are about people's PURCHASING
>           decisions.)
>    (wild extrapolation) there are already too many parallel programming
>   languages and approaches.
>    (extreme flight into fantasy) we should use an existing language
>           rather than one designed for parallelism.

if, indeed, there are too many languages, it's not because we make
up new ones, but because we never retire old ones.

----
Garry Hodgson, Senior Software Geek, AT&T CSO

nobody can do everything, but everybody can do something.
do something.