[erlang-questions] Forget Erlang on the Java VM. More language on the Erlang VM are needed!

Michael Regen michael.regen@REDACTED
Thu Nov 29 20:02:50 CET 2007

OK, after some pondering and reading I thing I got the solution which should
make everybody happy. Instead of pushing Erlang into the enterprise we
'simply' push the enterprise into Erlang. Modest as I am, I hearby demand a
Java to beam compiler. Or better a class2beam perl translator script. Björn,
what do you do next weekend? ;)
Erlang is near a brazillion of usefull Java (and other language's)
libraries, Java could get access to working concurrency and I can tell my
customer that our solution runs under a 'JVM' - an improved one. ;)

Just had a look at http://www.ikvm.net/ which, among other things translates
Java byte code to .net IL. Programming .net under Java - simply amazing!

No, serious, I stop dreaming about this topic, I promise. Such a project
would be a never ending story and I guess that the differences between
.class and .beam are rather fundamental and neither one is built to support
the other. But in the unlikely case that someone comes up with a working
solution, consider me as your brave tester.

Cheers,
Michael