[erlang-questions] Forget Erlang on the Java VM. More language on the Erlang VM are needed!

Michael Regen michael.regen@REDACTED
Wed Nov 28 15:47:02 CET 2007

Sorry for spammin, it's me again. But I somehow missed a point from Joel:
You are right, e.g. the JVM does not offer the kind of message passing and
lightwight processes we are talking about. E.g. in Scala the Actor _library_
is responsible for that. Maybe the outcome is that we would lose too much
with JVM, etc. That's what I am trying to find out here.

And one addtional thought: I agree, it's not the syntax that gives Erlang
its greatest advantage. I think it's the concept behind.

Cheers,
Michael