[erlang-questions] benchmarks game harsh criticism

Bengt Kleberg bengt.kleberg@REDACTED
Wed Nov 28 09:10:39 CET 2007

greetings,

just a clarification: my idea was for the shootout responsible/comitters
to allow me to do more work for the shootout. not that the shootout
responsible/comitters should do the work for me. i think we all agree on
this, but i only wanted to make it perfectly clear.

however, at this time i really would like for you, Isaac Gouy, to do
more work when it comes to answering emails in this thread. it is not
pressing, take your time, but i have one outstanding question that i
would appreciate if you answered so that i may move on with the rest.
i have decided to limit the number of items (questions/statements) to 1
per post since otherwise the ones i regard as interesting gets ignored.
in their place new ones spring up and propagate to such an extent that i
loose track of the original thread. sorry about this, but i hope that
quality comes before quantity for all parties interested in this discussion.

the outstanding question is included below. i eagerly await your answer.

bengt
Those were the days...
    EPO guidelines 1978: "If the contribution to the known art resides
    solely in a computer program then the subject matter is not
    patentable in whatever manner it may be presented in the claims."