[erlang-questions] Mnesia record count

Christian S chsu79@REDACTED
Tue Nov 27 13:16:38 CET 2007

2007/11/26, Maarten Engelen <maarten@REDACTED>:
> Hi,
>
> Currently I'm building an application that needs to do a lot of record
> checking by counting the number of records in a mnesia table based on
> some condition. Mnesia has been a live saver in the development of

Sounds like you want to maintain these counts  as you insert records.
A kind of manual indexing, to save on otherwise costly queries.

Encapsulate this maintenance in wrapper functions for adding, removing
and modifying your records and use these in all your mnesia
transactions.

Of course, this doesn't work if your conditions are not manageably finite.