[erlang-questions] Mnesia record count

Ludovic Coquelle lcoquelle@REDACTED
Tue Nov 27 11:51:55 CET 2007

On 11/27/07, Maarten Engelen <maarten@REDACTED> wrote:

> [...]
> It is not so much memory consumption as a speed consideration. The
> scale of the application is that it needs to handle about 5000
> concurrent connections that do around 1000 requests per second on the
> system. Each of these requests needs to check the size of a subset of
> a table with about 50000 rows. If mnesia is fast enough to handle it
> by reading in the complete subset of a few thousand rows and checking
> it's length every time, I'm fine with that.

1000 requests coming from 5000 concurrent connections ... that's nice!
In order to have an idea of what kind of load mnesia can support, could you
give some precision about the kind of requests (proportion of read/write,
complexity of the request), and also how many erlang nodes are used? ... no
need for statistic measures or benchmark, just enough to satisfy the
curiosity of the readers :). Thanks.

[...]
Maarten.