[erlang-questions] Mnesia record count

Sean Hinde sean.hinde@REDACTED
Tue Nov 27 00:41:05 CET 2007

There is some support for this style of query built into ets via
ets:select_count(Tab, MatchSpec).

New features in ets have traditionally taken a while to get into
mnesia, but if your table is disc_copies (or ram_only) then you could
use this call directly onto the ets backing store of the mnesia table.
This assumes of course that your query can be expressed as a match spec.

Also it would be worth badgering the OTP guys to bring this very
useful feature up to the mnesia API

Sean