[erlang-questions] Erlang vs Clojure

Charles Forsyth forsyth@REDACTED
Mon Nov 26 10:43:18 CET 2007

>The thought of running on the JVM makes me feel both sick and
>bloated...but strangely I am warming up to the idea.

>The ErlangVM enables distributed concurrency, Closure on the JVM is
>optimizing for local concurrency.

>Granted that I am not building fault tolerant telecom switches, but in
>my case, massive local concurrency might be all that I need.  With

if you expect to get high-performance concurrency from a JVM
i expect you to be disappointed.  the Erlang implementation
guarantees cheap processes everywhere it exists.  by contrast,
you get whatever your particular JVM gives you, which might not
be much, and it will vary from platform to platform.
if it works for you, though ...
i'd be particularly interested if you find JVMs that
offer ``massive local concurrency''.