[erlang-questions] XML parser that works on binaries

Willem de Jong w.a.de.jong@REDACTED
Fri Nov 23 19:41:08 CET 2007

The new version of erlsom (released a couple of days ago on sourceforge) can
parse input in chunks, one chunk at a time. That way the problem with the
memory footprint can be solved.
Files of arbitrary size or a stream of data can be parsed.

The approach is similar to the approach that xmerl uses, with a 'fetch'
hook, as Ulf calls it.

An example how to do this for big files is included with the erlsom
distribution. It should be fairly straightforward (even for UTF-8 or UTF-16
encoded data).

Regards,
Willem