[erlang-questions] Semantic change of receive statement? (Re: clarify: order of messages)

Roger Larsson roger.larsson@REDACTED
Mon Nov 19 09:32:28 CET 2007

Are you sure or are you guessing?
Have there been a change in semantics?

From "Concurrent Programming in ERLANG"
 Joe Armstrong, Robert Virding, Mike Williams
page 16
"receive is selective, that is to say, it takes the first message which
matches one of the message patterns from a queue of messages
waiting for the attention of the receiving process"

/RogerL