[erlang-questions] idea: service pack one

Joern opendev@REDACTED
Tue Nov 13 22:48:39 CET 2007

Hi Joe,

On Nov 13, 2007 10:27 PM, Joe Armstrong <erlang@REDACTED> wrote:

> There are probably more things I could add - feel free to add you pet
> annoyance that can be easily
> fixed and we'll put it into service pack one.

- Package format = default = no more imports or '.' package ; maybe a
cleanup for the default lib? reorganise the otp libraries sp1 (into
packages) and simply delegate to the old syntax?
- Type contracts!
- Line precise error message when compiling with debug info (if that's
nothing that's already covered in your bullet point #1)
- User defined guards
- No more << Length/16 ... Tail/binary >> ->
now_use_the_length_to_get_the_real_payload_and_the_crc_and_what_not_else.

Uh. Now that I'm finished I realise that's probably NOT in the scope
of an SP1 - so maybe ... can we pipe through werl the way we can with
erl in SP1? :-)

rgs/joern